Palo Alto Networks has announced availability of the PA-7080, the newest and most powerful addition to its family of next-generation firewalls.
Large enterprises and telecommunications service providers are constant targets of cyberattacks. Cybercriminals seek to steal customer information from their data centres, disrupt services and leverage service provider networks as vectors for attacks on businesses and consumers. As data centres and networks grow in capacity, speed, and complexity, a security offering that delivers prevention against cyberattacks at scale is needed.
Palo Alto Networks addresses this challenge head-on with the Palo Alto Networks security platform that consists of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall, Threat Intelligence Cloud, and Advanced Endpoint Protection. The platform eliminates the security, performance, and operational shortcomings of legacy products and siloed security architectures. It is designed to prevent successful cyberattacks while delivering scalable performance, policy automation, and orchestration.
The new PA-7080 next-generation firewall provides the power, intelligent scalability, and management simplicity that is ideally suited for implementing the platform in large enterprise and service provider environments to secure their assets and services.
- “By providing industry-leading performance with the full set of Palo Alto Networks security capabilities enabled, the PA-7080 is architected to deliver safe application enablement and to prevent against cyberattacks at the scale needed by service providers and the largest enterprises; it is an integral component of a prevention-minded, integrated platform approach to securing these organisations’ networks.” — Lee Klarich, Senior Vice President of Product Management
The PA-7080: Prevention at Scale
The PA-7080 delivers the computing power and software architecture required to prevent today’s cyberattacks across all applications in even the largest networks and data centres. Based on a proven architecture that blends ultra-efficient software with nearly 700 function-specific processers for networking, security, content inspection, and management, the PA-7080 can deliver up to 200Gbps throughput and 100Gbps with all security capabilities enabled.
Because of the combination of power, intelligence, and simplicity, the PA-7080 is ideally and equally suited to deliver prevention at scale for:
- Internal data centres, where service providers and enterprises secure their business infrastructure;
- Service delivery infrastructure, where speed and scale are of utmost importance and threat prevention at scale is critical; and
- Internet gateways, where safe enablement of all applications and protection from known and unknown threats are critical.
The PA-7080 is designed for non-disruptive integration into large networks and minimal ongoing operational expense. It supports virtual wire, L2 and L3 networking, high availability modes combined with simplified management, simplified licensing, and intelligent traffic management. The PA-7080 is NEBS compliant, has front-to-back cooling, and AC/DC power supply options as standard features.
The PA-7080 is joined by the PA-7050 to comprise the PA-7000 Series, which redefines high-performance network security and offers the perfect blend of power, intelligence, and simplicity that service providers and enterprises need to achieve prevention at scale.
As performance and capacity are needed, the PA-7000 Series devices will intelligently scale by automatically allocating new computing resources as they are made available when new processing cards are added. To simplify system administration and costs, the devices are managed and licensed as single unified systems.
The Palo Alto Networks PA-7080 is available now.
For more information on the PA-7080:
- Visit the PA-7000 Series page: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/campaigns/pa-7000-series/pa-7000-series/index.html
- Register for the live webinar: http://go.paloaltonetworks.com/introducingpa7080
- Visit the Palo Alto Networks booth (#3433) at VMworld, Aug. 30 – Sept. 3 in San Francisco
- Find an authorized reseller in your geography
ABOUT PALO ALTO NETWORKS
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organisations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organisation’s most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.